NSSA’s CMP Program will sponsor a Battle of the Bulge Shoot commemorating the 72th anniversary of the WWII battle in Europe, open to all interested shooters
Date and time: Sunday December 11, 2016 at 10:00 AM. Registration starts at 9:30.
Place: Rifle range at NSSA, 325 Mt Pleasant Road, Warrendale, PA.
Course of fire, 2 stages:
Stage 1: 16 rounds slow fire, 16 minutes, any position, at 200 yards. Proceeded by 3-minute sight-in, up to 5 rounds. Preferred rifle 8mm K98, but any period bolt rifle acceptable. Iron sights only. This replicates the German side.
Stage 2: 24 rounds rapid fire in 3-minutes at 200 yards, 3 positions (in any order) from an M1 Garand. Again, proceeded by 3-minute sight-in, up to 5 rounds (slow fire). 24 rounds in 3 eight-round clips, one clip in each position. No loading of clips until in next position. This simulates the American side.
- All targets will be #27 full torso black and white, 24” x 45”.
- No target shooting coats or shooting gloves allowed.
- Period military uniforms welcomed.
- Slings, mats and spotting scopes acceptable on all positions.
- We intend to have a bonfire near the shooting line.
What to bring: an M1 Garand with 30 rounds and 3 clips, and a military bolt rifle with 20 rounds. Spotting scope, shooting mat, and sling. Check the weather and dress accordingly.